Thursday, August 5, 2010

Light It Up!


I think lighting is the most important thing about a room. There's nothing like walking in to a room that has lights so bright you want to hide! Setting up small lamps all around the room is the perfect way to set a relaxed mood in your home. I found this turquoise lamp at a thrift store for $3 but could not stand the dated accordion style shade. I also could not find another shade that would match not only the room decor, but the turquoise base. So...my roommate and I got a little creative and decided to paint the outside of the shade with acrylic paint! We lightly dipped the paint brush in purple acrylic paint and only painted enough sections to give it a colorful, unique look. This would be very easy to replicate with any lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment